2440 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201
703 841 9700
Bartending School Reviews
Hire a Bartender / Bartender Services
Bartending License / TAM Certification
Bartending Job Placement Updates:
Bartending License/TAM Certification
Hottest Hiring Season In years. Ask about our Placement Assistance Successes
Successful Job Placement Assistance is through the roof and setting records. Grads hooked up 1200 bartending jobs during 2014 and 2015
Upon graduation you will receive two National certifications from us. Don’t worry… It doesn’t matter where you live or where you bartend… You can take our certifications ANYWHERE!
- First, you’ll be recognized with a certificate from the school which is regulated by The State Council of Higher Education in Virginia. Consumers benefit via programs that are state regulated.
- Second, all graduates of The Professional Bartending School are nationally certified through the Techniques of Alcohol Management® (TAM) program. The TAM® program is the long standing industry standard for nationally recognized alcohol server training programs for the responsible service of alcohol. The certification is good for three years. Once yours expires, feel free to come back to the school and get recertified for a small fee.
The TAM® Program teaches
- Professional and ethical conduct when serving alcohol
- Techniques for reducing alcohol-related accidents and incidents
- Techniques for preventing the illegal sale of alcoholic beverages to minors.
The TAM® program training meets the certification requirements in many jurisdictions throughout the United States. For example, Maryland requires at least one employee to be certified. Montgomery, Howard, Hartford and Kent Counties, plus Annapolis City require a TAM® certified staff member to be on the premise at all times when alcohol is served.
Many states, counties, municipalities and employers have similar mandatory certification requirements. TAM® is the #1 such program in Maryland, and widely used in Washington, DC and Virginia. With tougher drunk driving laws than ever, TAM is a valuable asset for Virginia restaurants. We were recently referenced as a server training resource to new Virginia restaurateurs by a Virginia ABC official. Currently we are the only bartending school with approved trainers for the DC Alcohol Awareness Program!!!
Need a DC managers license or need to train your staff in TAM? Give us a call! You can find out more about TAM® by visiting www.tamusa.org. Not only is TAM® training included in our course but we provide group training for bars, clubs, restaurants, and hotels throughout the DC region. Have a question? Call us (703) 841-9700.